Thursday, September 29, 2011

Puppies are cute.....


I've always said that there is a reason that puppies are cute, otherwise we would kill them young!! This is our puppy, Boomer, when we got him....sooo cute and cuddly, here he is now, still pretty cute,
But wait, what are those piles of feathers? BOOMER!!!!!
Yep, you guessed it, the chickens ran, and he chased. Unfortunately for the chickens, and us, several died. From fright I would guess, poor girls. He didn't eat them, they were just laying all over the yard, ick.
We have always had our chickens free range, they are much happier, a and lay tastier eggs. One of the reasons we got a puppy instead of an adult dog, was to teach him that he wasn't to eat the girls. He did great until a couple of weeks ago when I was at a stitching retreat, I suppose he was lonely, and definitely paid me back for being away. I keep telling myself that he is a baby, only 8 months, and will learn, for the time being, we are keeping the girls in the run. More on the retreat in a day or two. Hope nothing is eating your pets........
Still pretty cute, even in the dog house!

1 comment:

  1. He's gotten so big. Whoa what a pile of feathers! Good luck!
    xo,
    Ang

    ReplyDelete