Thursday, January 24, 2013

My girls

I was recently talking online with a fellow quilter that has a few chickens in New York, talking about how easily they become pets, and how great it is to be able to have some. They supply us with the best fresh eggs ever! I almost can't stand store bought eggs, the yolks are so pale in comparison to mine. My girls are very happy, we let them free range most of the time.  That is, after our dog grew up a little and learned that he wasn't supposed to chase and catch them! See previous post marked massacre!

Welsummers and Americauna


Americauna and Golden Lacewing

Anyway, I took a few pictures of the girls, I tend to buy the breeds based on feather color, I like the pretty ones, our eggs are a rainbow of colors, from white, pale brown, dark brown to greenish blue!! And that's the way, uh-hu uh-huh, I like it! Have a great day!
Welsummer- produces dark brown eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment